Saturday, December 18, 2010

Vegas Baby!

           I am currently in Las Vegas living the dream here. But it got me wondering…why in all of this fun filled, easy living, no holds bars atmosphere do people question you doing a certain activity? Let’s get some examples rolling here just so you can see what I am talking about.
            So as usual, we are out kind of like in Austin…but bigger and harder because we are in Vegas. We expect certain things out of this trip. Of course it’s going to be expensive and its going to cost to get into places. Those are just things you live with and prepare for. On the other hand, doing things back home are apparently wild and new for this Vegas scene. We hit the town starting off at ROK here at the hotel. Not the worst club but there is certainly clubs like that back home. There was nothing fancy about it. Nothing really “Vegas” about the place.
            First thing into the night these two very average, very not attractive Vegas goers start hassling us about walking up to the front because we are on the list.
            “We are girls, if anyone should be going to the front it should be us.”
            “You need to wait with all of us”
            Look B there is nothing special about you so lay off. Not only that we are on the list. The coveted itemized paper that has our names on it and not yours. LAY OFF!
            Next we hit up Tryst. This is a real club. This is what everyone and their mothers wish clubs. This was a legit and was over the top and not to mention very very crowded. I have never seen so many blow outs since the inception of Jersey Shore exploded. A good scene to witness and think to myself “man I’m glad I don’t look like that guy”. Here is another place where things don’t translate. I order my usual drink, whiskey water, and apparently this was a little out of the ordinary. This Kim Kardashian look-a-like approaches me and we have the following conversation:
            “What are you drinking?”(I don’t know if she was thinking of picking me up or just curious)
            “It’s whiskey water.”
            “You actually drink that?!(in shock)”
            YES I drink a real drink not your stupid cherry vodka sour you got there. Wow not only did she look like Kim Kardashian…she was just as dumb as her. But it makes for a better story and a better blog post. The rest of the night was awesome and radical.
            So today, we decided to gamble a little at the new Cosmopolitan. A very excellent hotel and it just opened up on Wednesday before we got here. So brand new keep in mind. But here is the break down. I am nowhere near the smartest or the best black jack player but I love the game. So I was going with my Vegas theme of doing things in Vegas just because...I am in Vegas. My key move today was hitting on a 14 when the dealer had a favorable hand. Why did I do this? Its Vegas. Not only that, I doubled down. So I was really being foolish but you know what, it was worth it when it paid out. So lay off me! But the thing is, the dealer made it a point to announce that I was making a “Vegas” move every time  did it. Yes it’s the worst idea to do but when the next card turns out to be a 6, then it’s a risk worth taking.
            Who knows what will happen tonight. Its going harder and better than the night before. But for now I have to hit the tables. I got the itch. Let’s just hope I come back with something this time.

LEARN TO WALK AWAY WHEN YOU'RE AHEAD

No comments:

Post a Comment