Friday, December 17, 2010

Does it ever cross your mind?

For most people, this situation happens quite often. For some, it is more of a weekend thing or just a going out situation that occurs. For myself, I deal with this thought provoking situation all the time and I just can’t get to the bottom of it.
                In the public domain, for men, there is an unwritten rule about using stalls and using urinals in a bathroom.  To my understanding, when there is someone currently using one, you should always give a buffer zone of one stall/urinal to allow the person to relieve in peace. Especially at work, where there is plenty of space to be given, it’s always advisable. This is the rule I live by and how I operate day to day.
                But there are always those few individuals who just don’t get it. Now I understand when it’s around lunch time or around the time the sales people get a break, it’s crowded. Yes it’s ok in this case because there is no other option. But seriously come on people. When it’s just me in there and you come and saddle up right next to me…it gets a little close for comfort. There I am minding my own business, the one time I get to cruise around and not look at my computers and you go and ruin it with your close quarters release. What’s next? You want to start a conversation? This isn’t a bar where you can talk about the girl serving you and how big her boobs are. This is the work place. I know its “rough out there” and that I’m sure that last call was “a disaster” but come on. Let me take my break in peace.
                This same situation also happens in social situations too as mentioned above. I  cant begin to count the number of times this happens. Here, the bar-bathroom situation is…well its just urinals lined up against the wall. But because of it being a bar, every wants to be friendly and just talk about the night. “Sweet shirt dude” or “your costume is awesome” are ok topics of conversation but once you breech that 3rd and 4th level of questions and comments then it just is drawn out. Make a comment and END IT! Does this guy want to talk to me all night in the bathroom or does he want to go hang with his crew and let me do the same? I guess I’ll never know because it usually ends up to where the person keeps talking. “You text, piss, and drink at the same time?”
 “Yeah…don’t you”
 “Hell no you kids in Texas are crazy”
See this guy had the right idea. Get to the point and end it. But if he were to keep going, I would have just zipped up and walked away.
This isn’t a rant or rave about funny stuff that happens in office bathrooms or social ones at that…simply more of a thought process that I go through every time it happens. Maybe if I brush up on my UFC jargon or my System Build Requirement Specs…maybe I could offer something to these conversations. But for now, I’ll pee in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment